UPDATED Oct 2, 2021
Welcome to Southern Indiana Junior Rodeo Association!
We are excited to get the 2021 season going! We have a lot of new things coming this year!
To our new members: Welcome! Please do not hesitate to ask questions!
We want this to be the best Season ever so just remember a few things to help you along the way:
1. Check-in takes place Friday nights between 7-8pm and again Saturday mornings from 7-8am; We need to know all scratches and additions BEFORE 8am Saturday morning of the rodeo. If you have signed up for a rodeo and are not going to be able to make it, you need to call the Rodeo Secretary BEFORE 8am Saturday morning of the rodeo so that we do not delay the rodeo looking for your child(ren).
2. Western attire is mandatory for competitors in the arena: long sleeve western shirt, boots and cowboy hat or helmet are required to be worn by anyone competing in the arena. PreK competitors are encouraged to follow this as well.
3. We will have blank entry fees for the next upcoming rodeo at the Announcer's Booth and remember, all entry fee checks
are not deposited until the Monday following that rodeo, so feel confident when preregistering!
4. The run sheet you have received over email may not exactly match the one the Announcer and Judges will have. This is because we may have someone "scratch" out of an event which would cause the run order to bump up. We may also have some last minute entries to that event as well. Just be ready when your event is going on and listen for your name!
5. Your child(ren)'s minimum $100 sponsorship is due by THEIR second rodeo, so many of you will need to turn that in by the June rodeo! It is important to meet this deadline so that your child can continue to earn points towards year-end placings. You have the rest of the Season to turn in any additional sponsorship monies if you want to reach other levels of sponsorship awards!
6. Don't forget that Kalmbach Feeds is a major sponsor of our Association. Save those Proof of Purchase tags from your Tribute Equine Nutrition bags of feed and turn them in at the Announcer's Booth. For each proof of purchase we collect, Kalmbach will give 25 cents back to our Association.